Last Updated: September 14, 2021
- What personal information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we share that information
- How we protect that information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
- How to contact us for questions
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a) Information You Give Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily share with us through the Site. For example, we collect information from you when you fill out an application or fill in onboarding orientation forms on the Site.
The information that you may choose to provide includes
- Contact information, including name, email address, and telephone number
- Job application information, including employment history, driver’s license number, and traffic violation and accident history
- Information submitted to allow us to run a background check including name, date of birth, and social security number
- An image of your driver’s license, Social Security card, Med Card, and pictures of yourself
b) Information We Collect Through Technology on the Site
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. When you access and use the Site, Cherokee Freight Lines. collects information about how you interact with the Site. We describe below a few of the methods we use to collect information through technology.
When you visit the Site, we collect your device identifier, browser information, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, or association. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address.
We may also collect information about how you use the Site, such as the amount of time you spend using the Site, how many times you use a specific feature of the Site over a given time period, how often you use the Site, and actions you take in the Site (collectively “Site Usage Information”).We may link your Site Usage Information to personal information you have provided us, in which case we will treat the combined information as personal information.
Yes. A cookie is a small piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer as a tag that identifies your computer. While cookies are often only used to measure website usage (such as numbers of visitors and duration of visit) and effectiveness (such as topics visitors are most interested in) and to allow for ease of navigation or use and, as such are not associated with any personal information, they are also used at times to personalize a known visitor’s experience of a website by being associated with profile information or user preferences.
We may hire a third-party service provider to assist us in placing cookies on the Site and analyzing how users navigate the Site.
While, many websites and applications, including our Site, at this time do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser. Look under the heading “tools” (or similar heading) in your browser for information about controlling cookies. In most instances, you can choose to have your browser warn you each time a cookie is being sent, giving you the option to decide whether to accept it or not. You can also generally set your browser to turn off cookies. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of the features on the Site may not function properly. You can also delete cookies already on your device via the settings of your web browser.
- c) Information You Provide to a Third Party
The Site may include links to, and plug-ins from, websites and applications operated by third parties (“Third-Party Sites”). It is your choice to enter, or share information with, any Third-Party Site. Your use of these links and applications is subject to the Third-Parties’ privacy policies, and you should become familiar with their privacy policies before using the links or applications. Cherokee Freight Lines Stockton LLC is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of the Third-Party Sites.
2. HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the personal information we collect through the Site to evaluate your application and to assist us with the onboarding process. Some examples include
- Evaluating your qualifications for the position to which you applied
- Ensuring that you meet legally required standards for the position to which you applied
- Tracking your progress through the application process
- Collecting and recording your consent to our policies and notices
- Communicating with you, for example, through text messages and push notifications
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online user experience
We will retain your personal information for as long as is required to fulfill the purposes for which the information is processed or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
3. HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not rent, lease, or sell your personal information to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your information:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your personal information with third-party service providers under contract with Cherokee Freight Lines. to help us provide services to you. The following are some examples of the types of third-party service providers with which we share your personal information and our purpose for doing so:
- Site Hosting Provider: As noted above, the Site is hosted by Tenstreet.
- Application and Onboarding Process: We may disclose your personal information to a third-party service provider for the purposes of a background check, or other application and onboarding services.
- Data Analytics: We may retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Site.
- Legal Advice: We may disclose your personal information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cherokee Freight Lines, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Site. Please contact us if you have concerns regarding the potential collection of your child’s information.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requirements according to the requirements of California law.
- You can request a copy of the personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- You can request that we delete your personal information.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please email email@example.com or call 1 (800)664-6488 In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act we may ask you to provide documentation to verify your identity. To expedite any request, we ask that you provide your:
- First name*
- Last name*
- Middle initial
- Email address
- Phone number
- * Required field
Cherokee Freight Lines does not sell your personal information and has not sold your personal information in the past 12 months.
4. HOW WE PROTECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use. We will make any legally required disclosure of any unauthorized access to your personal information.
5. HAVE QUESTIONS?